I finally got some sleep last night. A week of stress and conflict, topped off with a terrible earthquake and tsunami in Japan. In my dream I was in a meeting, talking to friends in a very tall glass tower. I was standing by the wall of windows and looking out over the seacoast skyline. In the distance a big wave forms like a lump in the sea. It is moving toward us. The shore recedes, rolling back into the ocean. My breath stops. My hands on the glass. The wave comes in fast and high. It climbs up, out the of sea and starts to form a crest. I feel like we’re hundreds of feet in the air, but the wave is breaking just beneath us. I don’t feel a thing. The building doesn’t move at all. I watch other buildings wiped away. A mess of lumber and cars and buildings and people floats along as the water continues to push through the city. Small fires ignite and send up little tufts of smoke that must be hundreds of feet across when you get close. I was still. The building was still. Nobody said anything. I woke up. Maybe if I go back to sleep it will be different.
Blog Post Categories
- RT @wef: Meet the robots with talents you can only dream of wef.ch/2oYMuiq #technology https://t.co/DpIdaX1kI9 posted 1 hour ago
- Wall Street traders are getting crushed by AI globalfuturist.org/2017/04/wall-s… posted 2 days ago
- A Brief History of CNNs in Image Segmentation: From R-CNN to Mask R-CNN blog.athelas.com/a-brief-histor… posted 2 days ago
- NASA’s 10 Coding Rules for Writing Safety Critical Program rankred.com/nasa-coding-ru… posted 3 days ago
- Blackstone is getting into VC axios.com/blackstone-is-… posted 3 days ago
- ai Android Apple arbitrage augmented reality bias biological revolution biotechnology Bonds capitalism China CIK Coachella commodities consumerism copyright corruption credit cyborg debt Democracy earnings energy evolution future globalization gold Google hardware homelessness human rights incentives inflation intellectual property international trade io Iraq justice labor land law macroeconomics marketing McKinsey media microsoft Military minimum wage money mortgage net neutrality neural network oil opec OS philosophy politics population privacy real estate SEC silver society software startup Stocks superhuman Tablet tax technology telecom trading trends USA Video